Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Bar-B-Que For the Homeless

by Pastor Tez Andrews in Atlanta, GA






A few weeks ago the Atlanta Union Mission Homeless shelter requested our church to serve 300 homeless women and children with a Bar-B-Que.  We sent out an e-mail to some of our supporters and 2 churches in Westminister SC Baptist Association responded.  They sent a team of 40 to serve our community with BBQ, carnival, Bible study, worship, and the gospel of Jesus Christ.  My heart was so overjoyed at the response.  We saw over 15 people accept Christ.  I was talking to two residents, "Cynthia and Erica" before we left.  Erica said "I don't know how to be sober.  I have been here for 6 month and I still don't have it all together. But you reminded me that I have to walk with God.  Depend on God."  Cynthia said, "I thank God that he has me here to receive the hope and healing that Christ offers."  This is what Connect Church is about!  We offer hope and healing through Christ.  I encourage you to stay on mission with us.


Prayer Requests from Connect Church in Atlanta


1.  Pray for the 15 connection/small groups at Connect Church.
2.  Pray for the 2nd Annual Vacation Bible School the week of June 24th.
3.  Pray for the several kids camps (KAA and Christian Sports camp). 

No comments:

Post a Comment