Monday, October 1, 2012

Provider, Protector, and Healer


 By Holly: 
It has been a very eventful past few weeks in Haiti. I just want to thank you again for all of your prayers! They mean more than you could know in this season of my life.
I want to update you on everything that has been going on and ask for some specific prayer. Yesterday, we were able to visit my beloved orphans at Pastor Emmanuel's. It ended up being one of the most heart breaking moments of my life because many of the children were very ill. We were not informed before arriving of the sickness that was going on and were not able to treat them immediately. By the grace of God, good support, and praying friends the kids were picked up and taken to receive treatment. All the results have not some back, but there are some severe, possibly chronic illnesses being blood tested currently. When I got to Pastor's yesterday many of the kids were covered in open, oozing sores that looked to have started as a fungus. They were complaining of being in so much pain and many were approaching us and pointing to their wounds. My sweet little Santonio, who is about 2 years old sat on my lap emotionless and slumped over with fever and what looked to be an eye infection. Chelmie, a sweet little boy about 5 years old clung to me and showed me his hand that was swollen two times its normal size because he had gotten a severe insect bite. Those are just a few of the cases. It seemed that at least half of the 32 kids had something pretty severe going on. Please be praying for these children. The Pastor and his wife are truly doing all they know to care for these 32 orphans and spill out their whole hearts of love over them. They are just in need of practical necessities and are living on such meager means. If the kids were not with them they would literally be on the streets starving to death. Please join me in prayer for these ones. I know and wholeheartedly believe that Jesus sees them and hears their cry. I believe that He is provider, He is protector and He is healer. I believe that He will care for the orphaned. That is who He says He is! Please pray that all God's promises would come to pass over this orphanage! They need us to stand in the gap for them. They need us. (I've included pictures of some of these kids and details about them.)




On a lighter note, two weeks ago we had a team from San Diego, CA for 10 days and they were absolutely amazing! We were able to host a medical clinic and a 2 day VBS at two different churches. They both went fantastic and we were able to minister and pour into so many people. Unfortunately, during that week some of us found ourselves quit sick. I ended up catching flu virus from the team that took a few days to recover from. On top of the flu, 3 days after recovering I found out that I had contracted a parasite. Thanks to Jesus we caught it early enough to treat and I am feeling great now! 
I have also had an amazing opportunity to get to know several other missionaries over the past 3 weeks. They are currently living with the American missionaries for World Orphans. Callie and Jessica are interns, while Sandrea is the teacher for the missionary family. Its been wonderful getting to know these girls and talk and pray with them through the first few weeks of adjusting to Haiti. I have gotten to visit and learn about other organizations here and we are hoping to make some more connections as the weeks progress. We have also been so blessed to start a bi-weekly worship and prayer small group that is Haitian/American mixed. Our second meeting is this Saturday. Please be praying over us as we praise Jesus and intercede for this nation and one another. 
The next couple days are unplanned, but I am looking forward to seeing what Jesus wants to lead us in. I will continue to send you all updates and if anyone would like more details about my time in Haiti or needs prayer themselves just send me an email! I would love talk with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment