Monday, June 20, 2011

Forever Changed

By Andrew Holt

In December and March I had the opportunity to go and serve the people of Haiti.  For almost a year I had heard of the devastation from the earthquake, but it was so much different when I was standing in the middle of the devastation.   Driving through the streets and seeing not only destroyed homes but realizing that each home represented a family who no longer had a home, and probably had little hope of getting a new one.  However when you look in the eyes of the people there is hope, believers in Haiti believe that revival is coming to their nation as do I.  The entire time I was in Haiti I could sense the LORD saying that HE wanted HIS people to return to HIS arms.  While playing with children and walking through orphanages I could feel the LORD’s hand on them.  These children are the future of Haiti, and I believe they will be an army that brings revival to their country.  My life was forever changed by this trip, and I believe GOD has put Haiti on my heart for a reason.  I pray that by reading this you begin to ask the LORD what HE would have you do for the people of Haiti.

(TSC supports our work in Haiti through the GOCTW offering and also by supporting MMDR. Find out more about how to help at http://www.mmdr.org/)


No comments:

Post a Comment