Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Marriage, Honeymoon, and Southeast Asia


By Bryn:

           The recent days have had few significant time markers for me. I thought, therefore, that it would a great time to kick off my update.  This was the second week of mine and Courtney’s marriage. We already feel so incredibly blessed by God and from the encouragement that has come from our supporters. I was humbled to see many people supporting us at the wedding and realize the amount of people lifting us up in prayer. That means more to me and Courtney than we can say.
           I also my first opportunity to attend a worship service as a husband. What a blessing it is to worship the Triune God – perfect in His independence and His unity – with my wife, knowing that our relationship is now my top ministry responsibility. This is going to require a radical paradigm shift in so many areas from last year, yet I couldn’t be more excited to make them as I strive to love Courtney as Christ loves His church.
           Our current circumstances, of course, are not the easiest of ways to start our marriage. It is a time of intense transition.  I’m finding that this transition time is somewhat welcome. I’m gaining an abundance of wisdom from God – wisdom that gives me perspective about this past year and also offers foresight into the year to come. Though Courtney and I have a pretty active travel schedule for the next month, I’m finally able to take a break from what was an incredibly intense first year of teaching and live out the Scripture: “In repentance and rest is your salvation, in quietness and trust is your strength” (Isaiah 30:15).
           Speaking of our schedule, the other significant time marker is that tomorrow Courtney and I will be traveling to Southaven, Mississippi for NICS’s Pre-Field Orientation. I’m looking forward to being back and connecting with contacts in other schools and leaders of our organization. It’s also going to be good to make connections with the experiences I had at BAIS and to support Courtney as she takes a lot of this information in for the first time. Please be in prayer for me as I am one of two people in charge of leading music during the next two weeks.
           The next update should come at the end of July after Courtney and I are back in Southeast Asia. We’re excited to submit and serve the One, True God – Yahweh, our ever-faithful and merciful Father. We hope you’re excited to continue following the journey through these updates, and we appreciate your continued prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment