Monday, June 20, 2011

Marked Hands

By Wade Bartlett

God has marked every one of us.  He does this as a personal reminder of his love for us.   God chose to mark his own Son's hands.  But why?  Does he do it so we will recognize Jesus in heaven?   Did God do it for Jesus' disciples?  Thomas could not believe in the resurrection until he physically saw and touched the marks in Jesus' hands.  James was a pillar for Jesus only after he saw him alive after the resurrection.  God gave us his laws through Moses, and then sent his Son to not only teach, but be sacrificed as the perfect lamb across the alter of atonement for our sins.  He was marked, and killed, in order to make us holy in God's eyes.


He marked my hands over 2 weeks ago on a mission trip.   I was humbled enough to be God's hands for him in Nicaragua.  In turn, he marked my hands with blisters and scars as a permanent reminder of God's love for me.   The wounds have yet to heal, but do I want them to.   When I rub my hands together, I feel Christ's suffering for me, and for those, who do not know him.   Jesus' marks were not healed through the resurrection.   Do I want mine to heal?  Should we ever want God's marks to heal?  God made a commitment to me on a Cross and I made a commitment to him in prayer and baptism.   Only through Christ's marks, can we come to God.   So I ask again, do I want my hands to heal.  I say no.  Remind me daily Oh Lord to never forget the love you have for me.  You allowed a sinner to go and be your hands and feet in a far away land.   Scar my hands forever, if it is what I need as a constant reminder to live for you.

(In May, TSC sent a team of guys to build a Bible Institute. They finished in 3 days. TSC has partnered with Chosen Children Ministries since 1999 to share the Gospel in Nicaragua, and will continue to do so by sending a team in Fall 2011, through the GOCTW offering which provided over $10k for trip costs and construction, and by sponsoring kids individually who need our help.)

No comments:

Post a Comment